Jump to content
Occupational therapy assistant

Current qualification accepted

Recommended for practice:

  1. Agored Cymru Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Therapy Support

  2. Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) Wales and Northern Ireland

  3. Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) Wales and Northern Ireland

A large number of allied health professionals work in partnership with social care services to provide services to people in the community. Some are employed in social care and need to register to practice, but they do not have to register with Social Care Wales.

Occupational therapists and some other allied health professionals working in social care need to be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. The qualifications required by these workers can be found on the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) website.

Other requirements

Past qualifications

Other UK qualifications accepted

Induction requirements